If you would like to submit patches to mkd.vim, development is hosted on Github.
Updated 2/21/2011: Several community-submitted improvements.
Updated 5/18/2009: Numerous link and emphasis fixes.
Updated 4/29/2008: Now at version 8, which really fixes matching bold and underline characters inside of words.
Updated 3/1/2008: Now at version 7, which fixes several bugs, most thanks to David Wolever:
- Donâ€™t match bold and underline characters inside of words.
- Donâ€™t match code blocks that arenâ€™t preceded by a blank line.
- Fix double back-tick code blocks without a back-tick inside of them.
- Fix # headings being matched anywhere in the line.
- Match <pre> and <code> tags.
Updated 12/1/2005: Now at version 5, which fixes numbered headings being highlighted as list items and horizontal rules being highlighted as headings. Thanks to Stephen Haberman.
Updated 8/24/2005: Now at version 4, which fixes stuff in parentheses being highlighted when not part of a link structure. Thanks to Richard Newman.
Updated 5/4/2005: Now at version 3, which fixes a problem with indented lists being highlighted as code blocks. Thanks Swaroop.
Updated 3/21/2005: Now at version 2, which includes better matching for bold and italics.